Monday, May 10, 2010

Shillington Park

This morning, my wife and I took our semi-regular hike through Shillington Park, near our home. As we walked along the trail, directly in front of us on the trail, we came upon 3 fox pups playfully enjoying the day. We stopped and watched them rolling around for a few minutes. It was so wonderful to see. Once they became aware of us they stopped and stared at us so we continued on our walk over the top of the mountain. As we were approaching the cemetery we saw an adult fox bounding ahead of us and then it disappeared into the woods. I had seen a fox running through the woods before but never fox pups. Just a fantastic way to start the day!

I wish I had a link to a map or something to share with you but I could not find one any where on the web. The park's not hard to find and it's relatively small with a few trails and several creeks in a mostly wooded area. If you google or mapquest it you should be able to find it.

Keep on Trekkin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment